Wednesday, December 26, 2007

PAPER ONLY for god's sake

lately, i noticed a rubbish bin @ the GUC with a label on it "Paper Only", some charity organization did it to encourage recycling of paper and so on. As i was so curious to know what would the egyptian population react to such a civilized situation :D. I went and opened the rubbish bin and looked inside, as the label saying "Paper Only" was so clear, i expected to find paper inside for a blink of an eye and then i was brought to reality -> "I Am Egyptian and i STILL Live in Egypt". I can describe what i remember i saw: 1 Molto cover, 2 Chipsy Covers, 2-3 Foam Plates, 4-6 Fluorescent lamps, 3-4 plastic glasses, and 1-2 pieces of paper. [citation needed] LOL

References:
B1.3 Near the study rooms @ the entrance of B2.3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol.. Natural in Egypt.
I never noticed that bin, I'm gonna take a look at it Saturday isA :)

Laila Hussein said...

me,too, I am reminded every day at the GUC that I am still in Egypt! A couple of days ago, I was standing in front of L'aroma waiting for my turn to get a hot drink like all the other students waiting in the row on that cold day when a young woman came very calmly, stood in front of us all and just got her order!!! At first, we all thought she was German because she was talking in German to a German teacher,I thought "Good, it's not only Egyptians who do so.. Germans should stop criticizing us and look at themselves" but it didn't take long until she started talking in Arabic taking me back to the Egyptian reality!

Unknown said...

Egypt, baby! Egypt! And I thought English driving sucked...